18 Feb How Often Should You Replace Your Roof?
As a home- or business owner, are you addressing your structure’s needs? One of the most important parts of any home or business is its roof. How long a roof lasts depends on the materials it’s made of.
Knowing when the time has come to have it repaired or replaced can mean avoiding a bigger problem on your hands: a weak roof that poses a danger to your safety. Now, we don’t mean to sound overly dramatic, but a weak roof can collapse and cause injuries and further damages. Let’s explore this topic at length below.
The best way to know if the time has come to have your roof checked is by knowing the lifespan of the shingles and other materials it’s made of. According to RoofAdvisor.com, many different shingles and roof materials determine how long it should be before a replacement is due:
- Composition shingles can last between 12 and 20 years.
- Asphalt shingles can last between 15 and 30 years.
- Wood shingles can last between 20 and 25 years.
- Rubber roofs can last between 30 and 50 years.
- Metal roofs can last between 50 and 75 years.
A Few Signs to Look Out For
Don’t rely on the shingles or materials your roof is made of as a guarantee that your structure will indeed last as long as mentioned above. There are some signs to look out for that indicate it’s time to have our McAllen roofers stop on by for an inspection:
- Warped and/or missing shingles
- Large, discolored patches on the roof
- Sagging spots on the roof or the ceiling
- Indoor leaks during rainstorms
- A scent of mold or rotting wood in the attic or ceiling
These are just a few signs, so if you notice anything out of the ordinary about your roof, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Get Your FREE Estimate Today!
Contact our roofing company in McAllen today for a FREE estimate! We’ll do what we can to bring you peace of mind with your new roof!