02 Apr If You Just Had Your Roof Replaced in McAllen, Here’s How Long it Might Last!
As with any construction project to a home or business, you might be wondering how long those repairs will last and if you really got the most out of your investment. With XYZ Restorations, our McAllen roofers always use state-of-the-art methods, tools, and materials for our projects. This way, you can rest assured in knowing that the work we’ve done will last a long, long time and that your investment was well worth it.
With a roof, though, many things can determine how long it’ll last, such as what it’s made of, the general weather in your area, and the amount of upkeep you perform. Let’s go over how long your roof can last below!
Roof Shingles and Other Materials
Shingles are the primary factor in determining how long your roof will last and how much protection your home or business receives when it comes to heavy rainfall, direct sunlight, heavy winds, etc. There are many different types of shingles, with each lasting different lengths of time.
Here are some of the more common ones:
- Asphalt shingles – These can last anywhere between 15 and 30 years, depending on the factors we mentioned above.
- Architectural shingles – These are a more “premium” type of asphalt shingle that can last between 25 and 30 years.
- Wood shingles – These can last up to 30 years but require upkeep from a home- or business owner.
Roofs can also be constructed without shingles in place of more durable materials:
- Clay tile roofs – These can last up to 50 years! Although this type of roof can be pricey, remember that it’ll be quite some time before it’ll need replacing.
- Metal roofs – This type of roof is rare due to its cost, but that’s because it can last up to 70 years!
- Slate tile roofs – This type of roof is even more uncommon and expensive, but it can last you over 100 years!
Contact Us for Your FREE Estimate
We employ many roofing systems and materials, so contact us today to learn more about what we can do and to schedule your FREE estimate!